I was looking for a very rare Singer 431G but the only ones I found were on Etsy and they were priced between $600 and $900 U.S.
I took a chance and went to the German version of eBay (eBay.de).
I found German language listings that did not appear on eBay.com.
I found the following listing and paid around $60 USD and about $150.00 USD for shipping. So my total cost was a little over $200 USD.
The machine included the chain stitch accessories and was in good shape but it had a few common problems:
- There was no user manual.
- The spool pins were broken or missing.
- The machine needed cleaning and de-greasing.
- The needle plate pins were missing and the zigzag plate had been drilled to accommodate a machine screw to hold it in place.
- The rubber feet needed to be replaced (there are 5).
- The foot pedal wasn’t working.
- The motor was 220V which isn’t convenient in the U.S.
The restoration is described in other posts on this site.